Monday, June 21, 2010

Saw this, read this, loved this...

Stealing this little gem from Dad-isms blog ...

Pretend you went shopping for a new car one day and found the model you liked, no loved, but decided not to go into debt for it and instead, pretend you saved for nine months.

At the start of the tenth month, pretend you went and bought it - your dream car!

Now pretend twelve weeks later, I (a stranger you hadn’t even ate lunch with) asked if I could drive your new car for a few hours every day, promising to take good care of it and returning it to you before you got off of work. Would you let me do it or would you think I was crazy for asking?

Now pretend that car is your child.

…………………………………………………………………..

Your children would rather have your time than your second income


Thanks for the perspective, Dad-ism. I'd have to agree.

4 comments:

Happiness is Eva said...

So true. I plan on going back to work part time when my daughter is 10 months old. However, I don't know if this plan will eventuate...

kelsey c. said...

ya, my plan was to go back to work 4 months after having Lucca. once that day came, YEAH RIGHT!!!!!! ;) wasn't gonna leave my baby, no matter what!

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for re-blogging my dad-ism. Best of luck in your mothering. Its the toughest job you'll ever love!

- Joe
the dad-isms guy

Emmie Bee said...

This is awesome. SO TRUE. I wouldn't think of going back to work until the kids are in school. Plus, let's be real- nice daycare for three kids in the bay area is a joke. I couldn't MAKE ENOUGH to send them to daycare.