Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oh October

Now that I'm a mom, October is quickly becoming my favorite month of the year. Which is funny since it used to be my least favorite. Kind of like when I used to not understand why the state of Oregon even existed, then I spent a year in Portland and love the place tremendously. Ah, life.

But, October! Fall is here. Which means holidays are around the corner. Halloween costume planning is in full effect. A trip to the pumpkin patch is in order. Our daily chatter is about harvest festivals, hay rides, scarecrows, apple pickin, trick or treating and leaf hunts. And don't forget about pumpkin pancakes and baked apples. And hot cider! Which reminds me of Apple Hill and pony rides. So many fun kid things to do at this time of year. Meaning fun for mom (and dad) too.

I've always loved the holidays, but everything is becoming much more fun as Lucca gets older.

October, you aren't so bad after all.

No comments: